I mentioned on my main blog this morning that I finally made the Penne a la Vodka recipe that I had saved a few months ago. D is going to be gone for Valentine's Day and we didn't have any plans this weekend, so I decided to have an impromptu romantic dinner on Saturday night. This is definitely a great date night recipe, but could also be used during the week; its a fairly easy recipe!
I took the recipe from my friend, Aubrey, who got it from someone else, so I'll just post it for you and if you get the urge, go check out her blog here!
Penne a la Vodka
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced (I used a heaping TBSP of minced jarred garlic because I'm too lazy to mince my own garlic)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (a TSP was hot!)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
2 tablespoons vodka
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 box of Penne Rigate
1. In a large pot, boil salted water and cook pasta about 10-12 minutes.
2. In large, deep saute pan, heat olive oil on medium.
3. Saute garlic until soft, do NOT burn! If you burn it, throw it out, clean your pan and start over.
4. Add tomatoes and red pepper, cook down about 15 minutes.
5. Add parsley and vodka, cook alcohol out–about five minutes.
6. Add cream and turn down heat.
7. Toss in pasta, top with Parmesan cheese and serve!
That is it! I told you it wasn't a difficult recipe. Now, if you don't have plans to go out to eat on V-Day, make this for your hunny, or just for yourself if you're lacking a hunny.