Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shrimp Pad Thai

I made this recipe the other night and while it didn't necessarily satisfy my craving for authentic Shrimp Pad Thai, it was still yummy. I think I'm still going to keep looking for a Pad Thai recipe, but this was an easy weeknight dinner and I will definitely make it again.

16 oz. uncooked spaghetti
1/4 c teriyaki sauce
5 tbsp peanut sauce (I used Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce)
1/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
4 c snow peas
1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 c chopped dry-roasted peanuts
5 lime wedges
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.

  2. Combine teriyaki sauce, peanut sauce, and Sriracha, stirring with a whisk.

  3. Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic, and saute 1 minute. Add shrimp; saute for 2 minutes or until shrimp are almost done. Add teriyaki sauce mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add pasta and snow peas; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring well. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
I served this with frozen egg rolls and sweet and sour sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment