Makes 4 Servings
Prep 15 minutes
Grill 6 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Greek seasoning
1 tsp brown sugar
1 lb skirt steak
1-7 oz container Greek yogurt
2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
4 Roma tomatoes, cut in half from top to bottom
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
4 whole wheat pitas
1 c shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning and brown sugar. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Place the remainder in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add the steak and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- In a second small bowl, mix together the yogurt and feta; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or coals in charcoal grill to medium hot. Lightly coat grill rack with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Brush tomatoes and onion with some of the reserved oil and vinegar mixture. Place tomatoes on grill, cut-side down along with onion slices. Grill for 3 minutes; turn, brush with remaining oil mixture and grill tomatoes for additional 2 minutes and onions for 3 minutes, until tender. Remove to a plate to keep warm.
- Remove steak from bag and grill about 2 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Remove from grill and allow to stand 2 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Serve pita slightly warmed and layer with lettuce, yogurt mixture, and sliced steak. Accompany with grilled tomatoes and onion.
555 calories; 25 g fat (8 g sat); 37 g protein; 48 g carbohydrate; 7 g fiber; 876 mg sodium; 62 mg cholesterol
I was trying to come up with new Summer time recipes now that the weather is warming up and when I got the new Family Circle in the mail this week, this recipe caught my eye immediately! Its an all-in-one recipe, meaning that the side and the main dish are all included in this recipe.