There is really nothing else to say about them except "make them."
We made these for Thanksgiving dinner this year and last week I bought sweet potatoes at the grocery store, forgetting that we had some coming in our farm box. This excess of sweet potatoes got me thinking about what to make to use some of them up. I honestly couldn't resist making this scrumptious
*Warning: Do not make unless you're prepared to eat the entire pan. Also let it be known that PW is not famous (infamous) for her healthy recipes.
PW's Soul Sweet 'Taters
2 whole medium sweet potatoes
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c pecans, chopped
1/4 c flour
3/8 sticks butter
- Wash sweet potatoes and bake them in a 375-degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender. When they are finished cooking, slice them open and scrape out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, milk, egg, vanilla extract and salt. With a potato masher, mash them until lumpy. Do not over mash.
- In a separate bowl, add brown sugar, pecans, flour, and butter. With a pastry cutter or fork, mash together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture into a regular baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Make this next time you have company over or just want a special side dish at dinner. Just don't say I didn't warn you!