Monday, May 16, 2011

Homemade Bread

This weekend our neighborhood had its "garage sale weekend" and we headed out in the car to drive around the streets of our 'hood and look at other people's crap. I told D that there was a specific list of things that I was looking for and they included:

  • A Kelty Kids Carrier
  • A Bread Machine
  • A B.O.B. Double Stroller (for future purposes, no announcements being made)
  • A decent dresser to refinish for our bedroom
  • Good quality baby clothes and toys
I honestly was not expecting to find any of those things (aside from the baby clothes and toys). And as we were driving around we passed what looked to be an inviting sale. We parked the car, hopped out and the first thing we saw was a bread machine! When the woman said that we could have it for $5, I jumped at the chance! I figured that even if it didn't work I'd only be out $5.

Well folks, it works!

Yesterday I made my first ever batch of homemade bread in my brand new gently used bread machine. Here's the recipe I used:

Light Oat Bread

via AllRecipes.com

1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

  1. Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order recommended by your manufacturer. Use regular light setting.

Oh, I should also mention that it is {according to D} the most amazing bread he's ever eaten. Definitely try this recipe out if you're looking for a good bread machine recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment