Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grilled Eggplant

via The Happy Housewife

The hubs loves eggplant. I'm more of a fair-weather fan, myself. If someone puts a plate of eggplant parmesan in front of me, then I love it, otherwise, meh. We had the Spicy Vegetable Curry a few nights ago and last time I made it, I made the mistake of putting an entire eggplant in the curry. Do not do this. Only put some in and save the rest of your eggplant for another day.

This leftover eggplant brings me to this recipe that I found online. You can click on the link above to see the original, but I didn't change anything, so you can just stay here. ;) We were already planning to grill tonight, so throwing this together was pretty easy, not to mention we already have all the ingredients in the pantry (you probably do, too!).

1 large eggplant
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together except the eggplant.

Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Brush the sliced eggplant on both sides with the marinade mixture. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Brush again with the mixture and place on a hot grill.

Grill for 7 minutes and flip. Grill for another 7 minutes and serve.

That's it! Super easy, and healthy to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment