Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Greek Chicken Pitas

This is a delicious and fairly healthy recipe that I made last night for dinner. I blogged on my main blog about how one of my goals for 2012 is to eat healthier and use more portion control in my meals. I found this recipe a few months ago and never made it. I wish I had made it sooner! Its fantastic, and easy.


***


Greek Chicken Pitas

Ingredients:
1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs each fresh mint and dill leaves, chopped
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 lb chicken-breast tenders
1/2 English cucumber (seedless)
1 large ripe tomato
4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half

Combine yogurt, mint, dill, 1/4 tsp cumin, one-third of the garlic, and 1/4 tsp salt.

Mix together 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tsp oil, oregano, 1/4 tsp salt, remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, and half of remaining garlic. Coat chicken tenders. Grill or pan fry chicken for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.

Cut cucumber and tomato into chunks. Toss with 1/8 tsp salt and remaining lemon juice, oil, and garlic.

Grill pitas, if desired, until toasted. Serve all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment