1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1 lb ground breakfast sausage (we use the spicy kind)
1 large onion, chopped
2 c shredded cheese
1/2 c half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Spray pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread pie crust in dish and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Spread 1 c of shredded cheese in pie crust. Top with sausage and onion mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of sausage. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half. Pour over the top of the pie. Place pie dish on cookie sheet to catch any spillage.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
If you really must get your veggies, serve them as a side to this fantastic dish!